As a member of both AAHCMS and MedChi, physicians have access to numerous benefits and resources.
AAHCMS/MedChi advocate on your behalf regarding laws, regulations, and policies that impact the practice of medicine, patients, and the public health, including:
- Fighting against legislation that expand the scope of practice for non-physicians
- Fighting against the Trial Lawyers to protect physicians from law suit abuse
- Protecting the Medicare Waiver
- Increasing Medicaid Reimbursements
- Educating lawmakers about the practice of Medicine
- Physician Lobby Days in Annapolis
Member physicians have access to legal counsel that can advise you on keeping compliant with laws and regulations.
Member physicians have the opportunity to set policy by:
- Serving on a committee
- Representing AAHCMS to the MedChi House of Delegates
- Serving on either the MedChi or AAHCMS Board
- Submitting policy resolutions
- Participating in the Physician of the Day program during the Legislative Session
AAHCMS and MedChi hold several networking and social events throughout the year where physicians can connect with each other and with leaders in the field of medicine. Events include:
- Semi-Annual MedChi House of Delegates Meeting
- Annual MedChi Gala
- AAHCMS Membership Meetings
- Social Events including Oriole’s Games and BSO Concerts
Member physicians receive regular updates and free publications that keep you informed, including:
- Weekly E-Newsletter
- Maryland Medicine Magazine
- Email Alerts
Continuing Medical Education
Member physicians have access to free and discounted CME
Practice Management Services
Member practices have access to an array business support services that can assist you with day to day operations, technology, finances, and HIPAA. More information can be found here:
Employed Physician Services
More physicians are considering employment rather than private practice. As a member physician, we can help you consider the pros and cons of employment and provide resources to guide you regarding employment contracts, and compensation resources.
Physician Health Resources
Physicians are human and with the changes in the practice of medicine, more physicians than ever are dealing with personal health challenges and burnout. The Maryland Physician Health Program is a resource available to you and is completely confidential.
MedChi Insurance Agency has unique expertise in serving the medical community. As a member, you have access to a free consultation and discounts on plans that benefit you, your practice, and your employees.
Visibility and Referrals
The number one reason members of the public contact AAHCMS is to find a physician. Our priority is to always refer to member physicians first. All member physicians are in our Physician Finder database, which can be searched via the AAHCMS website or the MedChi website. Additionally, any practice with 100% physician membership will have their logo featured on the AAHCMS website.